Mega Millions: What Do I Really Win?

To all my loyal podcast listeners, last week I attempted to get myself back on track with BI 016: Stick To Your Schedule. Sadly you will need to wait again for my melodious ramblings. However, with Baby Inspire entering the world next week, I hope you understand. In fact, I attended a car seat safety class and learned that 90% of all car seats are installed incorrectly! If you have a little one, make sure you are in the other 10%.

With the Mega Millions jackpot ballooning to 540 million dollars, I decided to pay my stupid tax. It would be great to win, but what do I really get?

Team Bonding

My current team decided to start a lottery pool. Although we are from all different ethnicities, ages, and backgrounds, We all gathered together for a common goal. We just couldn’t agree on our team nickname when we take down the big prize.

Mood Enhancer

You don’t have a pulse if you can’t get a little excited about possibly winning the massive jackpot. Everyone I speak to about it, even my very pregnant wife, immediately grins ear to ear.


For a brief moment, you have to suspend reality and think about your dream life. Where would you buy your dream home? Where would you go on your dream vacation? Would you leave your day job?

Can You Buy The Jackpot?

CNBC’s talking heads are usually clueless, but they had an interesting take on the Mega Millions jackpot. If you covered every possible winning combination, you would need 176 million dollars. With a 389 million dollar cash payout, that would be a very wise investment! It kind of takes away from the spirit of the lottery. But once again, it takes money to make money.

What would you do if you won the jackpot? Check out the Mega Millions website for more information.

Stay Inspired!

You may also like...

12 Responses

  1. krantcents says:

    Although I have played (one stinking $1), I am not going to even bother this time. In the past, I don’t even get one number, why bother. The California Lottery has been around since the late 80s and I played probably a dozen times for a $1. I am not willing to lose more, why bother?

  2. MoneyCone says:

    I think the lottery is fun as long as it doesn’t become an addiction. But yes, it is a giddy feeling!

  3. Arlee Bird says:

    I usually buy a couple of tickets for each drawing but rarely win more than $1 if that much. If I won I would hopefully invest wisely.
    Looking forward to the little one. That’s as good as a lottery win.

    Sad Songs Blogfests—Places I Remember
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

  4. Shilpan says:

    Buck, I agree that moderation is the key. I always buy few tickets just for fun. I know that odds are against me. Nonetheless, few bucks may end up being the best few bucks spent ever!

  5. Hunter says:

    Congratulations on the approaching birth of your new baby. I’m sure all will go well and you won’t be getting much sleep this time next week. Bringing children into the world really is the best experience ever. It’s an awesome responsibility. Congratulations again!

  1. April 1, 2012

    […] Mega Millions: What Do I Really Win? – by Buck Inspire […]

  2. April 6, 2012

    […]  ”Mega Millions: What Do I Really Win?“ presented by Buck from Buck […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Protected by WP Anti Spam